Protocol for Hosting the Courtepointe Québec Annual General Meeting
Courtepointe Québec’s Annual General Meeting is always held in October,
the Saturday following Thanksgiving weekend.
The meeting is from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Responsibilities of Courtepointe Québec :
- Courtepointe Québec covers the rental fees for the meeting room, up to a maximum of $500.
- Courtepointe Québec covers the cost for beverages (coffee, tea, juice) and light snacks, up to a maximum of $100.
- Courtepointe Québec will provide an audio sound system. Courtepointe Québec will discuss the logistics for the delivery and installation of this equipment at the preparatory meeting.
Responsibilities of the Host Guild (HG):
- Secure a meeting room large enough to accommodate at least 200 attendees, merchants, and teachers and be equipped with sufficient tables and chairs.
- The meeting room must be available as of 7:00 am for Courtepointe Québec, merchants, and teachers, to set up. Please note that attendees are not to enter the meeting room until the Registrar is set-up and ready to register members.
- To provide the address of where the meeting will be held with directions/map which will be provided to all CQ members. This information will be required by mid-June.
- Recruit quilt merchants/vendors and have adequate space for them with tables to sell their merchandise.
- Recruit quilt teachers and have adequate space for them with tables to display their products and promote their courses. These teachers should be ready to travel across Québec to teach their courses.
- Display the Courtepointe Québec banner in a prominent and visible location. The banner will be provided the day of the meeting.
- The Raffle Quilt must be displayed in a prominent location. The quilt and display rack will be provided and installed by Courtepointe Québec.
- Provide appropriate space to hang guild banners. The Host Guild is responsible to hang all guild banners which will be given by guilds as they arrive at the meeting.
- Obtain door prizes to be drawn during the meeting.
- Have sufficient volunteers to manage the required activities/tasks.
- The Host Guild should plan for an activity to allow attendees to network.
- The Host Guild should plan a fun draw. The Fat Quarter Draw is always a crowd pleaser.
- Provide one volunteer at the main entrance to assist the registrar to register attendees.
- All invoices/bills must accompany the request for reimbursement. Please submit your expenses to the President of Courtepointe Québec.
- The Host Guild is to choose a mystery block to be sewn by hand during the meeting. The Host Guild prepares the pattern/instructions and selects the fabric colours. The background material for the mystery block must be purchased and cut by the HG and ready to be distributed by the HG at the meeting.
- The Host Guild is to provide the fabric requirements to make the mystery block (ie measurements, fabric colours, etc.) that members must bring at the meeting. Please see attached sample. This information must be provided Courtepointe Québec by July 15th.
- Provide a design wall to display the blocks made during the meeting. The design wall must be installed by the Host Guild.
- The Host Guild must provide the instructions to make the blocks to all attendees. This will be scheduled at the beginning of the meeting so people can sew during the meeting.
Room set up
- Set up one table and two chairs at the entrance for registration. One volunteer must be assigned at registration to assist the registrar.
- Provide two tables to display Courtepointe Québec material.
- Have a stage riser for the Courtepointe Québec Committee and install tables and chairs at the head of the room for six members of the Courtepointe Québec Committee.
- A podium must be provided and installed next to the Courtepointe Québec Committee table.
- The door prizes and the raffle quilt should be displayed near the Courtepointe Québec Committee table.
Show and tell
- Prepare a sign-up sheet for those who want to participate in the show & tell.
- Each show and tell item must be clearly identified with the name of the person, name of the project, name of the guild, and a description of the item.
- The show and tell quilts and projects must be displayed in one designated area near the Courtepointe Québec Committee table.
- Have volunteers to assist Courtepointe Québec to announce/showcase each item.
If you have any questions, please contact the President of Courtepointe Québec at firstname.lastname@example.org.