Courtepointe Québec Challenge
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM COURTEPOINTE QUÉBEC’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Courtepointe Québec’s executive council, in accordance with the provincial government’s directives to cancel all summer festivals, has decided to cancel its 2020 Salon, exhibition of quilts and textile arts to a later date.
Thank you all for your understanding and your trust.
The theme of the challenge of the Courtepointe Québec 2020 Salon fits in the wake of our planet’s preservation and in the spirit of the origin of the quilt: Economy that has evolved towards Ecology!
3Rs – Reduce-Reuse-Recycle
means limiting your consumption
means using something for other purposes than originally planned
means creating another object
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- This challenge is open to all members of Courtepointe Quebec and non-members of the province of Quebec;
- The piece must be designed specifically for this challenge from an original pattern;
- The maximum perimeter must not exceed 200 inches, regardless of its shape. There is no minimum size;
- The piece must present all aspects of a quilt: three regulatory thicknesses and be padded;
- The piece must be fitted with a 4 inch sleeve attached to the back;
- All techniques will be accepted;
- Registration of challenge pieces will be subject to the same conditions and costs for quilts presented in the other categories;
- Quilts presented for the 3R challenge will not count as part of the three quilts per person indicated in the regulations for other categories;
- The Quilt Registration Form must be used.
The form will open in Word. When it opens, please click on ENABLE EDITING at the top of the page. This will enable you to fill out the document on your computer. Once completed, save your document and send it by email to: email@example.com